Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Little Purses and Avon Lip Balm

Yup, it's Holiday Boutique time and I've been slowing making things for this purpose.  I ordered some lip balms from Avon (yes, I'm an Avon representative).  Check out my on-line website if you'd like to order any Avon - shipping is free for orders over $30!  Ok, there's my Avon plug...

I've made the lip balm holders that look like mini folders before but didn't really have much success with them so I decided to search for mini purses.  At first I used my Cricut and cut a purse using the Bags, Tags, Boxes and More cartridge - which by the way were adorable - but they were too roomy for this purpose and used a lot of paper.  So then I searched the SCS gallery and found this easy tutorial by Frenchie.  Check on the video tutorial here.




I still want to add some ribbon to one of the handles but then I'll be done.  These little purses are using a 6x6 sheet of paper and scraps for the edging and handles.  I love the way they turned out!  If these sell, I'll make more later.




5 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable. I'm thinking they might be good for a gift card holder also. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little purses and can think of lots of uses for them. I love how you decorated them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a fantastic job with these purses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I am going to have to tag this so I can find it later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!