Monday, May 26, 2014

Apricot Fiesta 2014 Entries

Here are some photos of the 3D She Art Mixed Media piece that I finished:

The front and back of the "book" I just did some random painting, masking, misting, stamping, decopauging, etc.  So fun!!


For the insides, I did similiar mixed media techniques and then some.  Added some fiber (string), washi tape, more and more layering, rolled flowers, and of course, my pieced "she".  I love how it turned out and I love how unlimited mixed media art is.  It's messy and random and everything cool about being an artist!




I added a feather, stick pin, metal piece, rolled flowers and other layers to the bottom right hand corner.  Carly thought the upper left corner on the opposite side then looked unbalanced.  That's when I added the random yellow thread and some yellow paint drippings.  FUN!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I can't decide if I like the inside or the outside best!!! It came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorlene, your projects are always so fabulous! I love everything about this and hope that it will win another prize for you. It should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the look of both the inside and outside!! You did a fabulous job!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!