Sunday, August 10, 2014

49 Crosses

I spent most of the day yesterday making 49 3D pink//white crosses for baby girl baptism invitations. My friend is stamping the card bases with a swirl stamp and then we're adding the crosses.  I'll post the finished invitations once they are put together.

I used the Indie Art cartridge for the crosses.  It took 7 1/2 pieces of white cardstock and 4 pieces of pink to make all of them!  I cut the first layer of white using the shadow option, pink using the blackout option and then the shift key for the top white layer.  The thinner cross was glued directly to the pink base and then that was foam taped (for dimension) to the white shadow base.  Then I threaded 49 pink buttons with pink floss and glued those to the centers.  All the layers were cut at 3".

In case you're wondering why only 49...I made the first one as a sample before making all 50 to make sure she liked the size.


So pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are so pretty, and I'm sure the finished invites will be spectacular. You do so well with your multiple cards. I'm sure your friend will be so happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crosses came out very pretty. I like the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great. I can't wait to see the finished cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!