Friday, January 23, 2015

She's All About That Bass

My first Mix Media challenge contribution...



The challenge was called "Repeat.Repeat.Repeat".  You get it...figure out what whether it's a shape, color, theme, whatever and repeat it over and over again.  Hmmm...guess what I chose.  LOL

So I saw on the internet a recipe to make your own texture paste.  So I decided to try it.  It works perfect!  Mix together 1/4 cup of powder (I used a foot powder because that's all I had), 1 TBS of white glue and 1 TBS of white paint.  Everything you probably already have.  Then slowly add water while stirring to make a paste.  Be sure to store in an airtight container.

I used this paste on the stencil on the right bottom corner.

Anyhow, I noticed a pattern of favorite colors when I select my paints and inks.  Next challenge I'll have to select pastels or something.

I wasn't sure what to write until I was driving home and heard the Meghan Trainor song "All About That Bass" and thought "so funny!"  So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!