Monday, March 23, 2015

Layers, layers, and more layers

I've been participating in the Teapot Tuesday challenges at Splitcoaststampers.  I love the variation and the teapotters are so funny and talented.

This week was putting lots of die cut layers on a card.  Here's mine:


I made the patterned paper using old Sale-a-bration stamps from SU!  The color scheme I used worked perfectly with the floral die cut I added later.  Next I added the green frame and a pale yellow lattice die cut (it was a bright yellow, but I sponged some white paint over it).  On top of that I added the coral floral die cut and lastly the two birds.  I painted Wink of Stella glitter to add some sparkle.  I finished it by putting some enamel dots.

I love participating in challenges so I can think outside the box.  I would have never done this on my own and I really like the way it turned out.  

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! I love the layers!! The colors are fabulous!! Beautiful card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!