Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Drink Tea With Me

I thought I'd enter this in the Try It On Tuesday challenge blog.  The theme is tea cups.  I know this isn't a tea cup, but tea cup/tea pot same thing, right??

Here's another Art Journal page using the Tea Party stamp set from Lila Grey Stamps.  I love this stamp set!  I looked on Pinterest to find a "tea" quote and thought this was simple enough.  The page started off as a clean off page full of random strokes and splotches from other projects.  I doubled stamped the teapot (love that you can do this with clear stamps!) because I wanted a really dark impression.  I colored in the flowers and dragonflies with a variety of markers I have in my stash.  I shadowed the teapot with a lt. gray marker.  I handwrote the title using a black Sharpie and other markers for shadowing and decorations.  Then I used a watered down yellow paint spray to add some yellow.  I always say, every project needs a little yellow.  I used an old drinking straw dipped in acrylic craft paint for the little circles.  I also used this paint and a lacey cupcake wrapper (yup, I kept this from a baby shower that I attended last month) for the "doily-like" design at the bottom of the page.  The random doodled circles are from a black BIC pen that I also use a lot.




Close ups of the tea pot and sentiment.  I'm entering this on the Try It On Tuesday challenge blog.


6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful colouring and a lovely teapot image

    Thank you for joining us at Try ot on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative and beautifully made page. Love the fantastic tea pot and lovely details. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The design is so fabulous!! Love the teapot, too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on our theme , a super project and quote. thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I am thrilled you are on our design team - Just love to see your take on how to use our stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at TioT's!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!