Thursday, June 11, 2015

Quinceanera Painter's Tray Gift

I have a quinceanera on Saturday and realized I either needed to buy a gift or make something.  Well, this special  young lady is the daughter of one of my friends/coworker and she used to come over to my home and craft with us.  I thought I would make her a mini-album that she could put some photos of her birthday party in, but remembered I had two of the 7 Gypsies Painter Trays.  I found them in the clearance section at Joanne's before Christmas.  They usually sell for at least $19 and they were on clearance for only $7!! I bought the only two they had.

For those of you who don't know, a quinceanera is a 15th birthday celebration in the Catholic Hispanic culture.  It's a day to celebrate when a girl becomes a young lady.  I've been to plenty of them and Kenny & I have participated as padrinos (Godparents) in two of them - the first was for Vanessa and the second for Erika.

The parties are just like weddings - very elaborate and very special.

Now to the project:

Here is a photo of the entire thing:



And some close ups:




The color of her dress is a salmon color and the decorations are a mixture of the same color and a light teal blue (I'm sure there's an official name, I just don't know what it is).  I started off with a paper line from CTMH but realized the "salmon" color was really more orange than I hoped.  I accidently found a scrap piece of some paper that we had forever.  In fact, it's one of the first paper pads Carly and I bought.  I no longer have the cover page, but the pad was a Rock Star pad with lots of coordinating papers (probably DCWV, but I'm not sure).  I used those sheets and added a teal color as accent.

The light wood and gold accented papers are from a paper pad from DCWV.  I love this pad!!

So the idea of the painter's trays is to decorate it and she can fill the empty spaces with photos.  I really like the way it turned out.

I used my Storybook Cricut cartridge for the crown, "15" and the mats; Tie the Knot cartridge for the "V"; SU! pennant punch for the pennant; SU! doilies; CTMH washi tape; the micro beads, gold flowers and assorted ribbons are from my stash.

I hope she likes it.



3 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous and I know she will love this special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project Dorlene! I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out beautiful. Great project Dorlene. Will be a lasting treasure for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!