Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Still; Be Still Before the Lord

This week's Bible Study Challenge is "Still".  I really like this week's study because this is something I struggle with.  I often tell my adult children to trust that God has great plans for them, but deep down, I struggle with anxiousness for things to happen for them.  I hope they don't see that anxiousness but only listen to what I am telling them and have faith that it will.

You can click on the Triple the Scraps badge on the right to get to the website for the complete bible study.

Here is my art:


This page was one of my splatter pages.  Just left over stuff from other projects.  I wrote the verse in block letters and stopped there.  I was going to keep it simple.  Then I added the doodle edge on two sides.  After that I spritzed some watered down acrylic paint all over which smeared some of the letters.  So once it dried, I started outlining some of the letters with both white and black markers.

Then I added drops of re-inkers in violet and bright blue.  Blotted the excess.  Grabbed some paint and fingerpainted around those drops and drew circles around it.  That's basically it.

I love the verse.  It just tells it like it is.  No fussing.  "Do not be anxious about anything."  You cannot interpret this any other way!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors!! The sentient is so fabulous!! What a gorgeous work of art this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your page. Its a great verse that's helped me through many a time and I love your bold lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page looks amazing and such a great visual reminder too! I think as adults, we probably do this more than when we were younger!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!