Friday, May 20, 2016

May Flower of the Month

Finally finished the Lila Grey May Flower of the Month piece.  I don't know why it took me so long.
I had a hard time with this one.  The background seemed a little too intense for these delicate flowers so I kept adding and changing until I felt good about it.  Lastly I colored the leaves and stems and kept the flowers white.  It stood out like a sore thumb.  UGH!  I had to put it aside again.  Then I printed a new digi (such a huge advantage of working with digi stamps is we can resize!) but a much bigger version.
I fussy cut the image and placed it over the other flower image.  After adding some color, I decided to add some pencil scratches around the lines.  LOVED IT!  Then I added a little bit of white pen marks here and there as well.

Finally happy!

Materials:
Variety of Sprays
Acrylic Paints
Watercolor Markers
Pencil
White Marker
Metallic Ink
Black Archival Ink
Old Dictionary Page Scraps
Text Stamp
Punchinella Stencil


To see more of these Flower of the Month pieces, go to www.lilagreystamps.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!