Friday, August 26, 2016

ICADS: Finishing Week 7

I can see the finish line!  Only two more weeks to go!  Although I love the prompts and challenges, I'm getting tired of creating index cards.  LOL

Index cards to complete Week 7:
Prompt #47; monochromatic
I chose pink.  I swiped four different color pink ink pads (CTMH & SU!) with a sponge across the card.  I then stamped the image with black ink.  I stamped another image on white cardstock and colored. Cute, huh?

Prompt#48; Aurora Borealis or Aurora Australis (I had to look this one up - Northern or Southern Lights)  At first I thought, yeah right, I'll change the prompt, but then I thought heck, I'll give it a try.  I don't know if this does those amazing lights any justice, but it was still fun to create.  I stamped the silhouette flowers on the card, sprayed blue and purple ink sprays all over.  Then I grabbed a bright green watercolor marker and spritzed it to death with water.  I added the blue/purple marker under it.  I was amazing when it was wet, but dried a little dull.  But I still like it.

Prompt #49; Superhero; Self explanatory.  Supplies:  black sharpie marker, yellow watercolor marker, blue watercolor marker (with water brush), white signo pen for dots.

Well people, I finally broke down and purchased a Gelli Plate.  I'm super excited about playing with it.  I ordered it yesterday and hope to get it by next week.  I've been wanting one, checked out Youtube videos and some blogs and even had a dream about playing with it.  (Yeah, weird, I know)  I had a $30 gift card so I decided to buy one along with a few other things.  SO EXCITED!!  So I'm giving you a warning, you may see lots of gelli prints in the near future.  Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!