Friday, October 14, 2016

Oh TWO-dles

How friggin' cute is this banner and sign?!?!  I was commissioned to create a Minnie Mouse banner and sign for a customer's two year old daughter's birthday.

I used the Mickey & Friends cricut cartridge for the Mickey head and bows.  The Mickey Font cartridge was used for the "TW".  Other letters were cut from either the Artbooking cartridge or Plantin Schoolbook.

(I only cut the letters for the sign as my customer put them on a piece of poster board to make the sign.)  I love little things like this that make celebrations special.  I'm telling you, the Cricut is paying for itself.

Great news!  One of my crafting friends is was selling her Cricut Air One for only $75!  She posted on our FB group site that she is upgrading to the Two Air and was selling the other one.  Luckily I was the first to respond and will be the owner of this machine shortly.

If you know me, I usually hate doing anything computerized when I'm home.  I told many people that I would never upgrade to the computer driven Cricuts and I even allowed some friends to upload my cartridges into their own accounts, well, I should slap myself, because here I am...gonna be an owner soon of a computerized machine.

I did get a lesson from a fellow crafter during the recent crop we attended and really liked the ease of doing it this way and plus access to all those cuts/shapes.  I may not ever buy another cartridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!