Saturday, November 26, 2016

Cubicle Decorating Contest

So this year my work is having a cubicle decorating contest.  You'd think I'd be all over this one.  Normally I don't really decorate my work space, BUT...

My cubicle neighbor wants us to coordinate our adjoining wall.  This wall actually is a wall.  It's what people see when you walk into our side of the building.  So...what do I do?  I skim through Pinterest and get some ideas.

I am pretty stoked because after seeing so many different work spaces, home decor and everything in between, I decided to create a faux fireplace with mantel and all that entails.  I duct taped two boxes (four total) to create two columns and then taped together box lids for the mantel.  Then I painted the pillars white.  Used a combination of real red and tan acrylic paint to create a brick color.  I never tried it before, but everyone knows to use a sponge in paint to create faux bricks.  I did that on three sides of the pillars.  OMG!  It looks so great!  I plan to paint the "mantel" brown with wood grain.

Remember those cardboard deer heads I made awhile ago?  Well, I grabbed one of them and decorated his antlers with tinsel garland and jingle bells.  Used the Joys of the Season cartridge to make a wreath.  This cutie will hang above the mantel.




Used the Art Philosphy to make the stockings (11.5" each).


I'm working on the fireplace now but will post photos once everything is complete.  SO EXCITED!  No one is going to top our cubicles!!

BTW:  She gave me full artistic freedom on this one - yes I'm the crafty person at work.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Your decorations are so fabulous!! Your cubicle will look amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!