Monday, February 20, 2017

Surprise 60th Birthday! (First FCCB Submission)

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog Challenge #295  Sequins:
We celebrated my sister-in-law's 60th birthday with a surprise party!  Even though the weather was horrible, we still had a good turn out and had lots of fun!  I made this cute flip album to fill with pictures and stories of the party.
The album is made with the following:
  • One 12 x 6 piece of Kraft cardstock (scored at 2.5" & 3" on each end of the long side)
  • Three 12 x 5.75 pieces of Blue cardstock (scored at 3" on each end of the long sides)
  • Two 5.5x5.5 pieces of Pink cardstock
  • Attach the three Blue pieces on the 3" tabs to form one long piece
  • Put adhesive on the back of this long piece on the middle (6 x 5.75) and adhere to the center of the 12x6 Kraft base.
  • Adhere the two Pink 5.5 x 5.5 squares to each 3" end of the long piece to form the covers.  Center those as well.


Now decorate!


I used the Art Booking Cricut cartridge for all the sentiments & birthday die cuts.  I went with black/white so they can stand out from the colorful patterned papers.  I also added sequins to the pages and cover to boost it up a notch!

This is my first submission to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog where I am now officially on the Design Team.  I love using my Cricut and was so excited to be selected on the DT.  Be sure to click on over to the challenge site for inspiration and to join the link!  The more the merrier!

Since I had all the coordinating cardstock and patterned papers out, I made a second album.  This one is to celebrate Mother's Day.  I used the Suburbia Cricut Cartridge on this one.  I LOVE these vintage ladies!  The stamp set is from CTMH from a few years back.  Check it out!



At the end of all this, I realize that this is my 500th post!!

5 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous!! I love the design and the papers!! You decorated it so beautifully!! Congrats on your first FCCB post and on your 500th post!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 500th post and your first as a design team member! I am amazed by these albums. What a special remembrance for a wonderful occasion!
    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic card! It's gorgeous and so fun! I love how you used the Suburbia cartridge for this - it's a great cart! Blessings, Jamie (FCCB DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 500 posts!! I love your flip album! So cute!
    Stacey (FCCB DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is amazing!! Love the cute pages and great details! Thanks for linking up at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!