Saturday, April 22, 2017

Homegrown Crop & The Bounty

Carly & I decided to host our own crop in the Command Center - just the two of us. So this is what we did:
  • Purchase a bunch of snacks
  • Set up a snack table in the room
  • Play some favorite tunes
  • Make stuff
 It's been a while since I pulled out my artsy stuff and just played so that's what I did.  You've all seen the Elements Stamp Sets from Bloom Arts that I designed (click here to purchase) but what you haven't seen is me using the circle stamps on the Elements 3 set. 
These sets can be used on everything!  Yup...tootin' my own horn.
  I used the three solid circles on Element 3.  I wasn't sure at first how I was going to use them, then I thought I'd experiment with the baby wipe technique.  (You can Google this technique but basically you drip re-inker drops onto a baby wipe and use it as a stamp pad)  Before I stamped on the cardstock, I also spritzed some water on the inked stamp to give it a cool water-colored image.
 As you can see, I also used an assortment of each Elements lined circle stamps to stamp around the water-colored circles.  LOVE!!  You'll see in the finished cards that I water-colored some light yellow over the white areas. 
  OOH AAH!  I'm swooning right now! 
Then I tossed the baby wipe. Once in the garbage, I did a double take. I grabbed it and swiped all that beautiful ink across another card.  You can see what I did with that HERE.  But here's what it looked like before I mixed-media'd it.
 I probably could have swiped more from this baby wipe, but I was done with it for now.  Here's one finished card from the circle background.  Added some gold thread, gold heart washi and a stamped image I made earlier in the day. So sweet! I love the colors & that yellow is so lovely.

Now for the other cards:
This is the swiped ink card.


Three cards from this tiny stamp set! Each a little different.

I used a circle punch to create a reverse mask and stamped inside it. 
If you look closely, I scored some lines above & below the washi tape.


Attempted a Shaker Card.  Love this stamp by Peggy Harris - first time using it!
I was determined to make at least one Shaker Cards since I bought all those sequins during the Expo earlier this year.  I should have put more in the card and I definitely will next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!