Friday, June 23, 2017

The Secret to a Happy Life?

In the mist of everything going on in my life right now, I got to play in my Art Journal.  This is a piece for Bloom Art Stamps.

I started as usual picking my three main colors.  Purple, orange and yellow.  I gesso'd the page, applied acrylic paints in the three colors above.  Then I started the fun stuff!  First I used white acrylic paint to a doily stencil.  I decided I didn't like the intensity of the three color combo, so I added drops of Daffodil Delight reinker and spritzed water to cover the page.  I then added some drips of purple distress ink spray.

Stamped some marks using Eggplant Envy (purple) and black archival ink pads and Bloom Art Stamps Elements stamp sets.  I also added some marks using white acrylic paint but the yellow background kept turning the white a yellow tinge.

I printed the Daisy digi images from Bloom Arts and adhered them into the lower right corner.  Then colored them using a combination of acrylic paint and markers.

I set it overnight to dry.  Woke up the next morning and decided I did not like it!  So instead of starting a new canvas, I covered it up with white gesso.  (I'm mad at myself for not taking a photo). Then added some texture paste with a stencil and that brought up more yellow.  LOVE. Then I spritzed with the same purple distress ink...LOVE.

Then went a completely different direction by stamping the pedestal and cupcake from another Bloom Arts stamp set.  Paper pieces them and adhered.  I added stamped script in black, washi tape to ground the pedestal and stamped and embossed a sentiment and adhered.



YUP...LOVE!

So the answer, continuous small treats!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so creative with mixed media. I love to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my mixed media looked good. I kind of gave up on my mixed media journal. Mine just looks messy! LOL. I haven't done
    WOYWW for awhile. Getting lazy I guess. The challenges on SCS keep me busy.
    Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and those happy colours!
    Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!