Wednesday, June 14, 2017

WOYWW #419; Gold Glitter!

Happy WOYWW!  Can you believe another Wednesday has rolled around so quickly!?!  Click on over to the Stamping Ground to find out more about WOYWW.  Can you believe she's been hosting this linkage for EIGHT years?!  I love it.  I've only started about a year and I already feel like I NEED to visit the other deskers each week.
Here's my desk:
Photo of the sliced corks after I spritzed with Distress Spray & Pearl (I plan to write the date & occasion on the back of the corks).  The bottom right is with all the hardware. They will be tied to the tulle wristlets.
I've had a lot going on this past week and a half.  The Wine Tasting Bridal Shower is this Saturday.  I planned on making a few more things, but realized that since it's a surprise, I really can't justify bringing a photo frame to a brunch (that's where her mom told her we're going).  I'm actually ok with it because although I love to make things, I was getting a little stressed.  The crown, sash and games will be disguised in a gift bag.  LOL
Here are close ups of the crown:
Back View

Close up of handmade flowers

Front View (still not sure about the hearts...)

Side View
Only 23 more days until the wedding!


I'm also entering this crown in the Happy Little Stampers challenge site.  This month's Mixed Media Challenge is GLITTER.  Yes, I definitely used glitter for this crown! 
The details:
The crown started off as a Burger King crown.  After decoupaging doilies all over the crown, I covered it in white acrylic paint.  I used a gold ink pad to highlight some areas.  Then I went through my stash for all things gold.  I handmade the sparkly roses and the gold vellum puffy flowers.  The larger roses were made the same way I made those really huge flowers (you see them on my craft room wall) for their engagement party backdrop.  They are so easy to make - actually the larger ones are easier because of the size.  Added some rhinestones and glitter here and there to add some sparkle & shine.  The ruffle on the bottom is made out of crepe paper.  After stacking six long pieces of crepe (from party decorations), I sewed down the center and used fringe scissors to cut the slits.  I made and attached a couple rosette medallions in the front with a gold edged banner for the word "BRIDE".  The tulle was the last addition in the back. 
I think that's everything.  I love upcycling these crowns - they are always so much fun!


UPDATE:  I WON AS ONE OF THE FAVORITES FOR THIS CHALLENGE!



9 comments:

  1. Hi Dorlene, a great item, I'm sure she'll love it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorlene,
    I crowns are great! I'd never have known that one was from Burger King!!

    I see you are from Patterson. It seems that we would drive through there when we went camping. I grew up in Tracy but have been gone since 1979. I still have relatives in Modesto, Escalon and Murhphys.

    Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (43)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous crown, love it. I like how you've used the cork too. Have a great crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning crown I love it the detail is wonderful... Have a happy creative week ahead... May#29

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what you could do with a Buger King crown! Wow! Very creative! #50

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine tasting? Upcycling corks AND a really cool project - fab post

    Belated Happy WOYWW and thanks for the visit to mine

    Kathyk
    #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous workspace!
    Have a super weekend,
    Katie xx44

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. Never thought about using a BK crown for my crafting but now I know it can look fantastic doing that.
    Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
    Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Dorlene, your crown is amazing. So creative! I especially love the gorgeous handmade flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!