Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Junk Journal Post #5 & Happy Little Stampers

January mixed media challenge at Happy Little Stampers is Garden. I haven't participated in one of their challenges in awhile and I really wanted to this month. I pulled out my junk journal and selected a page to work on.

I didn't take step by step photos, but basically I added scrap paper, book paper & marks on the page, applied white gesso over the top and used a baby wipe to remove the gesso in certain spots.

I drew a funky scallop border on a book page and adhered it to the top left corner. I stamped the image on the page and then added some honey ink (CTMH) around the image to create a shadow. Then added three different washi tapes to create a base for her to stand on.

The Julie Nutting image "Kate", was paper pieced together using scraps and Tombow markers for shadows, details.

I came up with the quote - handwrote it on white cardstock and adhered to the final piece.



I absolutely LOVE how she turned out!

Click on over to the HLS site to see the DT inspiration and other linkers.

UPDATE!  I WON THE CHALLENGE ON HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS FOR THIS MONTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!