Sunday, April 1, 2018

CWS; Second Anniversary

Happy April Fools Day, Happy Easter, Happy Birthday to my nephew AND to make it more exciting...Happy 2nd Anniversary to Creative With Stamps!

The challenge at CWS for April is:


Sponsor:
3 images 
(for Random Winner)
And a Bonus Prize:

I created a card using a bubblegum machine digi image from our sponsor, Pattie's Creations. I loved this image so much and ideas were churning in my head. This month, I veered away from the standard A2 card and made a long & skinny one instead. This card is super colorful and so fun! I'm not really sure if it qualifies for CAS, but it is cute AND it was simple to make.

Here's how I made it:

First I sized the image and printed it on white cardstock. I colored the image with Crayola paint brush markers and a silver marker then added embellishments with a white pen, clear Wink of Stella, and dimensional glaze on the gumballs; added patterned papers to the card base; adhered the image using foam squares and stamped the sentiment within the "globe".

I made two cards, on this one, I used markers w/a water brush and glued mini pompoms for the gumballs.  Love it too!


Here's a photo of both:

Now, it's your turn...create a card for the CAS + Sentiment challenge at Creative With Stamps and link it before the end of the month for an opportunity to win a prize. Good luck!

*I bought the mini pom poms at the Expo last month with no plan to use them so soon. In fact, usually when I purchase an odd product like this, it sits around for at least a year or two before I use it. Even though I HAD to have it. I know you know what I'm talking about. LOL To my surprise, I used it pretty quickly and I can't wait to make more of these cards. I absolutely LOVE how both of these cards turned out!!

6 comments:

  1. That certainly is a cute image, Dorlene, and makes for a wonderful birthday card! love the little detail on the gumballs - great coloring. I'm very happy to be designing with you and the rest of the DT here at CWS. Looking forward to sharing many more creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dorlene! Your card is super cute! Love the gumball digi and those pompoms are perfect :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all
    theone with pompoms looks like a real one
    cuutee card
    Love!!
    see you on my blog teamie
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are adorable, and I can SO relate to the "Have to have it" purchase then it sits and waits for me to rediscover it. Lol, very clever that you used your new purchase the way you did and so soon! Looking forward to seeing more of my teammates creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so much fun. I love the bright colors and fun that these cards bring. wonderful cards teamie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 2 amazing cards Dorlene! I really admire your ability to mix and match the design papers, I'm rubbish at it! Those cute pom poms are simply ADORABLE! What a cool idea! Have a great day! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!