Wednesday, May 16, 2018

QQ and San Antonio Again

I had so much fun finishing the layouts for my San Antonio trip. I used patterned paper from the Secret Garden collection from Quick Quotes.  This collections is so perfect for my photos since it has a Tex-Mex feel to it (or at least I think so). Before putting these layouts together, I inked the edges of all the cut paper pieces using PowderPuff Chalk Inks. The inks I used are Deep Sea, Lipstick, Cactus, Light Moss, Bermuda, Vanilla Cream and Island Orange.

I used my Cricut and the Ole cartridge to cut out the margarita, skeleton, photo mat and the piƱatas. With the exception of the solid cardstocks (except the light green which is the back side of GN101), all the papers are from the Secret Garden collection. I just love the bright colors and color scheme of this paper collection.

I’m sharing three different fun and colorful layouts I made using this collection.

The first layout was made by using the back sides of GN102 and GN104. The light green paper is the backside of GN101. I started by inking with Lipstick PowderPuff Chalk Ink and it just looked too dark so I swiped Island Orange ink over the Lipstick and gave it just the right amount of color and grunginess. The light green strip is inked with Light Moss PowderPuff Chalk Ink. I used both Light Moss and Cactus PowderPuff Chalk Inks for the margarita. I love the contrast between the orange and light green papers and by adding the green strip to the left, it balances the page.




I used GN102 for the base of this layout and a strip of teal cardstock inked with Bermuda PowderPuff Chalk Ink. The red/yellow mats are inked with Lipstick and Vanilla Cream PowderPuff Chalk Inks. I layered different labels from my stash to create a base for my skeleton. Added some enamel dots and words/quote that I created myself using sticker paper and my computer. Don’t you just love that skeleton! He’s so perfect for this page!


This last layout was inked with Deep Sea around the striped base paper and Cactus PowderPuff Chalk Ink around the photo mats. I also used Deep Sea along the edges of the Texas paper.


I had a lot of fun creating these layouts for our San Antonio trip. Using the Secret Garden paper collection really made it easy. All the papers coordinate and they are so pretty! Secret Garden is the featured paper collection in May’s Club Q.

Quick Quote Products:
Secret Garden Paper Collection

Other Products Used:
Enamel Dots by Queen and Company
Cork Arrow by Fun Stampers Journey
Solid Cardstock from my stash
Various Labels from my stash
Fine Point Sharpie

1 comment:

  1. Your layouts are so beautiful!! I love the pictures and the colorful designs!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!